Monday, May 25, 2009

DAY 145 - Forever and Ever

Its eternity, in my temple, the fitting room at Nordstroms.  The circle of my love extends beyond these size 32 jeans.  

Today was Nancy and James last day in Utah before they head out for another six months on the ship, so sad.  We did what we have done best....we went shopping.  I was good and didn't buy anything, I had to halt the spending spree I've been on.  It was a pretty nice time, just hanging out with  at the mall.  No big hurrah, but that's what's nice about them, its not super sad when they leave cause I have every confidence I'll see them again soon and we'll pick up right where we left off, we're bff's!!

Later that evening I went over to Brandy's for our kick off to summer smore's party!  We had the first of hopefully many, backyard fire pit get togethers.  It began somewhat awkwardly.  Brandy has one of those annoying neighbors, like on an 80's sitcom.  He comes over and talks to her whenever she's outside.  When I pulled up he was in her front yard talking to her and had a glass of white wine with ice cubes floating in it.  I don't know much about wine, but I didn't really think you drank wine "on the rocks" maybe I'm wrong.  We were able to smooth talk our way out of the situation and he ended up leaving, but he did say he would come back over later.  We we're hoping it was just the icy wine talking, but sure enough, about an hour later after we were all sitting around just chattin' and laughin' we heard yelling from the other side of the fence.  His little head was poking over the top of the gate waiting for Brandy to come let him in.  She let out a pleasant hello while rolling her eyes and let him in.  Once again he had a glass of wine with ice, not sure if it was the same glass, but by the way he was acting I'm assuming it was a new glass and there may have possibly been several glasses since we saw him last.  There were only 4 chairs around the unlit fire pit, each were occupied.  He came over and tried to get involved in our conversation...he didn't fit in well with us, lets just say he didn't know who Hugh Jackman was, he can't be a friend of ours.  After he squatted down for a while he finally went and rounded up a chair so he could permanently embed himself in our conversation circle.  We continued on like normal, paying minimal attention to him, and I'm sure he had no clue what we were even talking about.  Then moments before we were going to make up a fake errand to run, he was distracted by his roommate across the fence who had found something in the back yard.  It was probably a bunch of snails, he had mentioned he was starting to collect garden snails to make escargot...Now I know as much about escargot as I do about wine, but I didn't think that the common Utah garden snail was a delicacy, but he claims they are the best to cook with.  I guess after a couple of white wine slushies, and enough butter and garlic anything tastes good.

He finally left and didn't return the rest of the evening.  We were able to enjoy our Smores in solitude...mmmm, summer never tasted better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment