Saturday, May 23, 2009

DAY 143 - Waffles and a Wetland Wasteland


Memorial Day Weekend has arrived, and I'm exhausted.  This week seemed so crazy packed, but it was mostly all fun.  I spent the last several nights up in Ogden "working" on the benefit stuff and didn't make it home until 2am.  Last night after the show we hung out at Alane's and I didn't get home til after 3am.  Wild and crazy, I know!  So I'm excited for a low key weekend.  

This morning I met Clete and Greg for breakfast at a little place called Waffles and Frites.  All they have are waffles and fries, good morning carbs!  I had a cinnamon waffle with cream.  It was spectacular.  Greg got some fries and some sorta special dipping sauce, they have a ton of different dipping sauces, its like fry sauce on steroids.  I tried one and it was a tasty fried potato delight!

After breakfast I headed back home to do some spring cleaning.  I had a very disturbing event occur earlier in the week.  I spotted a roach!  It may have been the single scariest thing that I've ever experienced.  Bugs usually don't bother me.  I can squish a spider, swat a fly and shoe away a bee...but th
is cockroach gave me some pulmonary stress.  It was sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor.  I went to step on it and it ran down the hall to my bedroom.  I'm getting chills just thinking about it.  I got a Smiths grocery bag on my hand and jumped on my bed where I preceded to survey the room for any moving objects.  I moved my little space heater and he was just sitting there exposed. I quickly leaned over off my bed and squished him.  Whoosh, that was close, I'm sure there are no more...That's what I thought til I read about them on Wikapedia, now I live in fear.  I did see a few more the next night coming out of a crack by a pipe in my kitchen.  I blocked up the crack an
d I'm hoping for the best.  But I decided a deep cleaning is in order.  I spent the entire morning on my hands and knees wiping the floor with Clorox antibacterial wipes.  I even moved the fridge out and mopped and cleaned all around it.  I bought a bug bomb, and I'm going to set that off before I go to work on Tuesday, hopefully that will do the trick.

After the emotional and physical stress of the kitchen cleaning, I took a nap, which isn't like me.  I'm not much of a nap person.  But I needed it, I slept for a few hours.  When I get up from a nap I feel like I have wasted the day.  Since it was 
a holiday weekend I felt I should go do something outdoorsy.  So I drove to the number one outdoor recreation spot in the valley, Salt Air...well its the number one recreational spot in the valley for rave goers and brine shrimp enthusiasts.  I haven't been there since I was a kid, and recently I saw a big photo gallery of the lake and it looked beautiful.  Well its obvious that those pictures had been touched up more than Madonna on the cover of Vogue.  The sun on the water was pretty, but as I was walking along, I thought it was dodging little tumble weed bushes, however on close inspection I realized these little bushes had feathers and beaks, there were tons of dead birds, it was like a flock of Seagulls Jonestown, just a mass suicide when they realized they were living in Utah and not California, as there name would suggest.  That's when I decided to head back to my car, besides the entire point of the trip was to get some nice pictures, but after shooting a few the battery died on my camera.  It was a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment