Monday, May 11, 2009

DAY 131 - Don't Go Punching Monkey's...


Well, the convention is done, but most of the company feels they deserve a day off, so once again, Juan and I were the only two around.  A few other people filtered in through out the day, including my boss.  But he wasn't in the mood for work either.  He gave us all this program to load on our computer with old arcade games.  So I spent much of the afternoon exploring those. Some of the old favorites like Frogger, Donkey Kong, Pac Man and the rest.  

I found this old game called Kangaroo that my sister and I would play at my dad's old office.  It was in one of those table arcade games, where you looked down at the screen.  We thought it was so much fun, I remember going down there on Saturdays when my dad would go into the office, no one else was in the building.  My dad owned the candy machine so he would open it up and let us get a treat, usually a Grandma's Cookie (didn't they used to be a lot bigger and better, or is it just me?).  Then I would run around the halls, and go play in the men's bathroom.... It had a giant fountain like sink, it was circle and you stood on this big bar on the ground and the water would spray out of the top and into this big basin.  It was beauty-ful.  Like my own personal Billagio Hotel fountain!  After the fun in the men's bathroom, I would end off the day playing Kangaroo.  It's basically punching apple throwing Monkey's and trying to get to the top of the four levels.  I'm sure there is some sort of metaphor for life in there somewhere.  Maybe something like, "Don't go punching Monkey's, stick to the men's room fountains you're used to"

No comments:

Post a Comment