Saturday, May 16, 2009

DAY 136 - A splash of Coke and a Splash of Color

Last night during the game night, I put some Diet Cokes in the freezer to chill nice a quick... that they did.  Unfortunately I had one of them and forgot I put the rest in there.  During the night I remember hearing a banging noise, but figured it was a gun shot outside, possibly a small explosion at the Cathedral, maybe some Frankincense spontaneously combusted, I don't know what they do in there?  Anyway, I didn't worry about it, I just continued in my restful slumber.  When I woke up and went into the Kitchen, my freezer door was wide open and frosty caramel coloring #12 Diet Coke stalactites and stalagmites formed beautiful creations in my cavernous freezer.  The Diet Coke can's had turned into game night shrapnel.  Who know such an event could occur?  I have had a can freeze before, and back in the day glass bottles would explode in our basement deep freeze.  But this was a cataclysmic event of epic proportions.  It blew the freezer door all the way open!!  I had to clean up the mess, and it was probably good for the freezer to get a good cleaning anyway.

After the Diet Coke debacle, I went to the mall with Alane and Nancy.  We went up to Park City to the outlets and to Fashion Place to find Alane a dress for the benefit.  It was a fun day of shopping.  Alane found a great dress, I found some pants that were on sale and I really liked.  But they're not black, they are a deep navy.  The theme for the benefit is all black with a splash of color.  I'm a little concerned about that, but hopefully they are dark enough no one will notice they're blue.  Oh well.  I'm still on the search for a shirt and tie.  I'm spending way too much money and effort on this.  But its so much fun to have something fancy to dress up for.  After I get the new clothes I'm going to have to find other fancy events to attend.  Guess I'll have to go on a cruise, I got to get good use out of the new clothes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment