Sunday, May 31, 2009

DAY 151 - Lost in the Wilderness


I had been hiking for hours parched from exertion. My legs had grown tired, my stamina depleted, my thoughts and dreams had drained along with the torrents of sweat dripping off my brow, when finally I happened upon a waterfall oasis.... Ok, so its like a block away from my parents house, but I wanted to look outdoorsy. I spent most of today doing laundry at ma and pa's. I took a little walk up the street and noticed the waterfall was running pretty strong. It's not even a REAL waterfall. It is, because its water falling over rocks, but I remember them building it when I was a kid after the big floods of '83. I remember the neighborhood standing around watching this little stream flooding over onto the street, and my dad helping sand bag in front of the houses down below. I guess it was a scary time for people, but I just remember how much fun it was, everyone in the neighborhood was outside, all the parents would sit together chatting and the kids were running around playing. Ahhh such a simpler time, I think I'm the most sentimental person in the world, I really would give anything to be a kid again. I loved growing up at the time I did and with the people I did, we had a great little neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment