Saturday, May 9, 2009

DAY 129 - Singed, Sealed, and Grilled

I love to see the temple, well the Ogden Temple just reminds me of a giant cup cake so I really love to see it.... Today my friend Nick asked me if I would take pictures at his brother's sealing.  So I got to go up to Ogden and pretend I was a photographer.  I really had no clue what to do, I'm not a professional photographer, and a sealing is different than a wedding.  At a wedding you can do lots of stuff with the couple all cuddling and holding hands and all that.  A sealing is just sorta like take a family shot and be done.  But I felt I had to do more.  I just had them stand by flowers and by the reflecting pool, nothing to fancy.  But the girl's aunt was following me around.  There is always one like her every time I take pictures for something.  She asked if she could stand by me and take her own pictures, I said sure.  Then she pushed me out of the way so she was standing front and center.  So I just stepped back and let her take her picture, when she was done, I stood in front of her.  It was my passive aggressive way of telling her she was in my way.  Didn't work, she followed me around the rest of the time.  At one point she asked where I got my pictures developed.  I told her it is digital, so I just give the disk to the family and they can take it anywhere to get them made.  She scoffed at the idea, she said she threw her digital camera away.  Apparently her pink 1991 point and shoot camera is the pinnacle of photographic excellence.  I believe it's what Ansel Adams used.

After the photo shoot, I went over to Alane's and we did a little shopping and a little grilling.  I bought a few shirts, I'm out of control, and I think I like it.  It's been a long time since I've let myself buy new clothes, in the last few weeks I've bought more than I have in the past year and a half.. and that's not very much.  I still have a few more purchases to make before I'm done.



No comments:

Post a Comment